Saturday, July 21, 2012

Bellabe Review


Clicking on the image will take you to the website.

I happened upon this product for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, we're getting rid of all the harmful chemicals we have in our home; beauty care too! Facial hair bleaches and waxes are really potent with harmful toxins that shouldn't really be used. Many brands of hair bleaching kits contain lead, hydroquinone, petroleum, sodium lauryl sulfates, and coal tar. These chemicals range in damage from ochronosis, an irreversible skin condition causing black and black raised bumps on the skin (caused by the hydroquinone), as well as nerve damage and the affects that the known carcinogens on the list can produce (SLS and coal tar being the biggest offenders).



Second, when I use my loose natural powder on my face to get rid of the summer shininess, all the little blonde hairs on my face stand out. I'm so not interested in that look.

Bellabe is strictly a facial hair remover. The information booklet that comes with the product specifies that it can be used on the upper lip, chin, cheeks, and even sideburns. Bellabe is the size of a pencil, flexible and works similarly to threading in that it removes hair straight from the roots.

To use it, you arch the Bellabe instrument into an inverted-U shape and place it where the unwanted hair is. Then, by twisting each end between your fingers, the spring rolls across the skin and removes hair safely and effectively.

Painful? I didn't think so. At first it was uncomfortable, but I was only getting used to it. Once I got the hang of how it worked it was really easy and minimally uncomfortable.

The Bellabe lasts 6 to 9 months (awesome!) however, that varies from person to person and amount and frequency of use.

More reasons I like Bellabe:
You can use it as often as you'd like, versus waiting for hair to grow.
No chemicals, creams or lotions are on it, in it or needed for it to perform properly.
No pinching of the skin at all, unlike tweezers or threading.
No batteries or cords needed to operate.
Fits discreetly in my makeup pouch.
Made of carbon-steel with hypoallergenic plating.
Nickel free.

Would I buy this product? Yes. It's a great instrument that will help me save lots of money. With a shelf life of 6-9 months, I will replace mine as needed.
Would I recommend this product? Yes. I think it's a great investment and a perfect way to ditch the chemicals.




www.nontoxichammers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment